Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

1935: ST. RAPHAEL'S WHITE HORSE 15TH ANNIVERSARY

 
As stated in the post below, "Maureen" was kind enough to advise that this or another St. Raphael graphic was missing. Herewith the corrected and re-posted page.
 
This interesting article and photo of the original St. Raphael's Church lists MANY of the more prominent and old time residents of the White Horse area. McClain, Booz, Gropp, Stemhagen, and Rabatie to name a few. I will undoubtedly come upon the 1920 dedication of that grand old parish when I begin perusing the October, 1920 edition of the local press. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

SJBill said...
Was this church building replaced by the current structure in the 50s?

1 comment:

JoeB said...

To SJBill:
I believe this building was removed and the new school and church was build on Gropp Ave right across the street from Barkley Village. I am not sure but I think the school and the new church were build in the early 1950's.