Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2015

1938: MARIJUANA: AN UNKNOWN DRUG DURING MY TEEN YEARS

I had never heard the word Marijuana used during my teenage years. It wasn't until the Hippies, Woodstockers, and other anti social rebels brought it into society in massive amounts, This front page is a very large graphic and unless you have a larger monitor you will not be able to read it in full. Below is an extract of the graphic only. It was only recently that I saw the now cult movie, "REEFER MADNESS;" which was supposed to scare the viewer with the mind altering ability of a joint or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine in elementary school had a father who served in the Philippines during WWII and I remember him talking about smoking it. We didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

The only other recall I have of it was that there was an Amos & Andy episode that had them pulling up grass on someone's lawn and stuffing it in a shopping bag.

Ed Millerick