Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2014

1988: DON SLABICKI MY BEST FRIEND THROUGH THE YEARS

"Is there really a Don Slabicki?" Among the many questions I have gotten over these 32 years of writing my columns, that is one of them. My answer of course is "of course." The first 25 percent of my life was spent with Donald from the time we were old enough to walk around the block to and from each other's homes which I would guess would be around 1939 or 1940. We spent many years working for Fritz and Edna Kuser at Kuser Farm. When Fritz Kuser looked for a replacement for my brother Bud to run the 35 millimeter motion picture projectors, he approached us. Bottom line: Don was the guy who had the knack. I tried to learn it but always ended up with a mis-threaded film path that usually damaged the film. It was Don who was the expert replacement for my brother.

No comments: