Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

1936: TRENTON'S "BROOKVILLE BRIDGE"

I will defer to old time former and present residents of the Brookville section of Trenton for any information on this vintage photo of "The Brookville Bridge," taken in 1936. The Brookville area is along the Riverside Drive-Sanhican Drive area. I was told that years ago, a tile manufacturing company was located in the Brookville area. That tile company was the predecessor of the American Biltrite Rubber Company. Perhaps a local visitor familiar with the area can fill us in.

1 comment:

Brenna Concannon said...

Could this bridge have existed in 1890. If so, I have a story about it. I am related to 2 children who fell from the bridge in 1890. One was 8 years and 2 months and the other 2 years, 5 months. I am very interested in knowing more about it. In this photo, it is impossible for me to actually see a bridge. I've been wanting someone to point at the bridge, for me.