Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

VIVINT: DARK ORANGE AGAINST WHITE? SORRY, NOT FOR MY EYES ONLY!!

I have been a satisfied VIVINT security subscriber for months. I suggested that they change the color scheme on their signs, wondering if  the artist was optically challenged in choosing a color scheme which lacks very necessary necessary contrast. One representative told me that orange and white was the trademark color they chose, but they were working on a modification. My suggestion that there are varying and darker shades of orange that would render the sign legible from the walkway in front of my home. Their orange against white reflective text is ineffective. I expect high visibility like ADT, the old APX, Slomins, and others who want a distant warning to passersby that the house is protected. As you will see above, I have designed my own legible Vivint sign using PhotoShop and planted my own sign with logical contrasting features on my front lawn. My sign clearly reads "VIVINT" 25 or 30 away from my front lawn. The old faded orange sign looks like an orange lollipop.

No comments: