Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

2012: PREPARING FOR ANOTHER KUSER CONCERT SEASON

Following are the dates and times of the 2012 Kuser Farm Gazebo concerts entitled,

"THE MUSIC WE GREW UP WITH."

Mark your calendars:
July 1,8,15,22,29 from 6 to 8 P.M. August 5 and 12 from 3 to 5 P.M.
Each week will feature "spotlight" songs, recalling the music of the "Gay 90's," 1940's, 1950's 1960's, 1970's, Classic country and western including "hillbilly" songs, Broadway, songs of faith, and other selections from my repertoire of over 600 songs. As referenced above, this presentation is a community event and should not be compared with the professionals such as my friend "Dick Chimes' Polka Band," "Benny Snyder," "The Lamplighters," and other much more professional entities who appeared here over the years. The township can no longer afford the high cost of these very talented professionals. Perhaps the professional musicians will return in the future when this bleak economy will allow for the luxury of hosting them. Look at these weekly presentations as an old fashioned sing and dance along you remember when you sang with the family at that old upright piano of your youth!

Anonymous Lee Belardino said...

Tommy
looks like a great lineup.Wish I could attend. Out here our mixed choral concert is May 19and 21. Called "heartfelt songs" to include religious works,beach boys,over the rainbow,yesterday, Me,I get to sing one of Franks songs"young at heart"
We number 4 0 women and men mostly old geezers. I think aunt Louise would be proud of both of our concerts.Her boys cover the east and west.Lee

Friday, May 11, 2012

DeleteLee:

So sorry you are way out in California. How I would love to have you next to me at the Kuser gazebo as we do our magic! I have just been tweaking my computer music files and arranging them in order of my preferences. I will be doing many of the songs we did in choir, including DRIFTING AND DREAMING, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE, BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC, NOW THE DAY IS OVER, and countless other songs from an era that will never be duplicated. I also do Sinatra, especially like to sing MY WAY, many Beetles songs, also Neil Diamond, Roger Whittaker, Englebert Humperdinck, Pat Boone, and countless other artists who sang songs with understandable lyrics. As usual, great to hear from you.

Tommy


1 comment:

Lee Belardino said...

Tommy
looks like a great linup.Wish I could attend. Out here our mixed choral concert is May 19and 21. Called "heartfelt songs" to include religious works,beach boys,over the rainbow,yesterdayMe,I get to sing oneof Franks songs"young at heart"
We number 40 women and men mostly old geezers. I think aunt Louise would be proud of both of our concerts.Her boys cover the east and west.Lee