Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

1912: BETHANY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH - HAMILTON AND CHESTNUT AVENUES

Like those pristine Maxwell House photos from the Duke University Library, I am posting this incredibly beautiful photo of Bethany Presbyterian church. Mr. John Hansbury told me of this site. It was downloaded from "FLICKR" where "rich701" has posted a gallery of Trenton and other area photos from A.L. Opdyke, and early 20th century photographer. I am requesting formal permission to post these on this website, and assuming that permission must come from the Hopewell Valley Historical Society whose collection is housed in the Mercer County Library's Hopewell branch. I would assume that these are public domain, but would never want to be in violation of copyright laws. Accordingly, I advise anyone who has the rights to these photos contact me and I will delete them if they are not available to the public. In the meantime, many thanks to Mr. John Hansbury for the heads up on this beautiful gallery of local photos.

No comments: