Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

1914: CHARLES W. MOUNT: CIVIL WAR SAILOR

One of the things I consider a "perk" in this endless process of extracting and digitizing local history is the opportunity to read of the exploits of the LOCAL veterans of the Civil War, many of whom were alive and well during the years I am searching. Indeed, I would venture a guess that this site is unique insofar as bringing these local heroes into the 21st century. I will continue to include these veterans in my digital "CIVIL WAR" folder. It's especially rewarding to me when I manage to post a graphic and article on one of the many many visitors to this site; From Warren Rue, the following guestbook message:

Tom,
Once again you have hit my family. Charles W. Mount is a first cousin 5x removed and is from my father's side of the family about which not much is known.
Thank you for your diligence and perseverance in putting these things out to the public.

Warren Rue


Thanks, Warren







by-product of historic research.

No comments: