Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

2009: An Historic Home Site From Andy Kusnirik


I received the following guest book entry from Andy Kusnirik, Esq. regarding the Wyckoff home on White Horse Avenue. Many thanks, Andy. I am posting a bird's eye view of the 365 area but don't know which house it is perhaps you can clue us in and we will have still another little know historic site in the Hamilton Library Local History Collection. And Andy, please correct me. I have a number of Wyckoff names in my files. Should it be Wycoff?

Andy Wrote: I believe you may find my law office located 365 White Horse Avenue of interest. The house (now an office) was built in the late 1800s early 1900s by the Wycoff family. Elmer Wycoff still lives in a house next door. He was born at 365 White Horse. His brother lives in a home next to him.

Andy Kusnrik



2 comments:

Andy Kusnirik said...

Tom, the correct spelling is "Wyckoff". I am working on getting some more specific information. Andy

Kerri Wise Treague said...

The Wyckoff home belonged to my great grandparents, Margaret and Alex. My grandmother, Carolyn, was their oldest child. She resided behind this house in the home I grew up in. Her 2 brothers, my great uncles, Elmer and Alex, lived next door to this house. I may be able to help Andy with any specific information. Kerri Wise Treague