Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

TRENTON THEATRE MISCELLANY



I frequently add material to the "THEATERS" digital folder in the library's Local History Collection. Here's are two interesting graphics
of the Majestic Theater along with news of various theatres of the past in Trenton. Even though there are only a few senior citizens who visit this site, I wonder if any of them can tell me where Chambersburg's Majestic Theatre was located? Don't miss the article on the left dealing with the Gaiety. Note that the huge building had a dance floor and was a popular venue back in the 1920's.

JOE AND RALPH:
YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL WITH YOUR EXPERIENCES AND YOUR ADDITIONS TO MY POSTS! PLEASE KEEP 'EM COMING.
YOUR INPUT IS WHAT THIS WEB BLOG IS ALL ABOUT.
WHEN I POST THE MATERIAL I ADD AS MUCH AS I CAN, AND "VINTAGE VETERANS" SUCH AS YOU, AND HOPEFULLY OTHERS WHO WERE THERE "WAY BACK WHEN," ADD YOUR COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCES. IT ALL ADDS TO THE RICH HISTORIC HERITAGE OF TRENTON, HAMILTON AND THE SURROUNDING AREA.

Thanks for these comments:

Hi Tom: Most of us know the Gaiety Theatre latter became known as the Olden Theatre. The dance floor on the upper level was turned into six bowling alleys. My brother and I ran the alleys before we built the Hamilton Bowling Lanes on Route 33 in 1955. In regards to the Majestic Theatre, could it be the building on West St. where I believe Landolfi's used to occupy?

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Delete
Blogger JoeB said...

Tom:
I have been trying to make a list of all the City Theatres and have a note that a movie threatre was located at Chestnut and Morris Avenues, could this have been the Majestic?

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Delete
Blogger Ralph Lucarella said...

JoeB: I remember the theatre you're referring to on Chestnut and Morris. My mother took me there to see Italian movies and I was very bored. I think the name of that theatre was the Pearl Theatre. I'm not sure of that.


Delete

3 comments:

Ralph Lucarella said...

Hi Tom: Most of us know the Gaiety Theatre latter becme known as the Olden Theatre. The dance floor on the upper level was turned into six bowling alleys. My brother and I ran the alleys before we built the Hamilton Bowling Lanes on Route 33 in 1955. In regards to the Majeski Theatre, could it be the building on West St. where iI believe Landolfi's used to occupy.

JoeB said...

Tom:
I have been trying to make a list of all the City Threatres and have a note that a movie threatre was located at Chestnut and Morris Aveues, could this have been the Majectic?

Ralph Lucarella said...

JoeB: I remember the theatre you're referring to on Chestnut and Morris. My mother took me there to see Italian movies and I was very bored. I think the name of that theatre was the Pearl Theatre. I'm not sure of that.