Search This Blog

Saturday, August 01, 2009

1909: ROSALIE KUSER CELEBRATES HER 76TH BIRTHDAY

Stories from the early part of the century revolving around Rosalie Prieth Kuser are scattered throughout the years. Stories of her involvement in St. Francis Hospital, managing the very large Kuser Farm on Kuser Road after the premature death of her husband Rudolph, and many other civic activities brought frequent mention of Rosalie in the local press. The Rosalie Kuser School was named for her when it was completed in 1909. The "Homestead" across from Colonial Fire Company is the site of the original Kuser Farm. It is said that while nearly in a full term pregnancy, she was out in the field cutting asparagus. Hard work was apparently also an integral part of her many skills.

4 comments:

Ralph Lucarella said...

Hi Tom: I would like to ad this comment. On my wife's birth certificat, the place of birth is listed as somewhere near Kuser's Farm. An example of the popularity of the Kuser name. Regards, Ralph

Tom Glover said...

Interesting, Ralph! What was her maiden name?

Tom Glover (thomglo1@verizon.net)

Ralph Lucarella said...

Hi Tom: She was of Hungarian decent,her name was Szucs and they changed it to Such. The birth certificate in those days were all fouled up. Most of the people in the area could'nt speak good English and my certificate was really bad. My first name is written in Italian and my mother's maiden name is wrong. I went up to Trenton in 2007 to try and have it corrected.

Tom Glover said...

Ralph: Somewhere in my "mental database" I had an acquaintance many years ago by the name of George Such, but I can'[t seem to place when or where. Possible relative.

Tom Glover