Search This Blog

Saturday, August 01, 2009

1909: LAKESIDE PARK A CENTURY AGO


This real estate ad is absolutely intriguing! The price of the lots when compared to the price they would command 100 years later in the year 2009 is mind boggling! How many visitors to this site can lay claim to being one of the original subscribers and purchasers of Lakeside Park real estate as illustrated in the ad. Hamilton Has some wonderful neighborhoods: Hamilton Square, Groveville, but if I had the financial ability, I would have loved to have purchased a lake front lot at Lakeside Park, and as an alternate, the lovely area "on the hill" and across the road, Lakeside Heights.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom - What a great place to grow up! If I'm not mistaken, I think the picture of the cottage might be the little house on the right side of the boulevard as you enter Lakeside directly on the lake. Thanks for the article!
Lakeside Girl

Tom Glover said...

"Lakeside Girl's" input is what makes this blog so relevant and rewarding. When I post an interesting bit of local history along with my limited knowledge of the neighborhood, it is really great to have input from folks who can add an intelligent comment such as this from "Lakeside Girl." I would bet that she is accurate in identifying that house. I certainly couldn't begin to recognize it.
Thanks, "Lakeside Girl."

Tom Glover

Anonymous said...

Tom - By the way, the lots on the hill across the Broad Street would have been on the Yardville Heights side of the lake, not Lakeside Heights! Honest mistake!
Lakeside Girl