Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MAURY PERILLI HAMILTON COMMITTEEMAN

I have set up a folder in the Hamilton Township Library's Local History Collection for Maury with folders named, "NOTABLE PERSONS" and 'MAURICE PERILLI." This remarkable man has unbelievable personal and civic accomplishments. It was my privilege to have been invited to his 90th birthday party a year or so ago. The great dining hall in which his party was held was packed to overflowing with legions of his friends and admirers. I am proud to say he is one of my dearest friends. As you can see by the graphic above, Maury has made his mark as a local citizen, and continues to do so even to the present time. These accomplishments are almost too numerous to include on the printed page. Many years ago, my Hamilton High vocal music teacher, Miss Louise Baird, asked us to memorize this quote and I did:

"Greatness is Humble."
Maury Perilli is the epitome of greatness and humility.

No comments: