Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

1944: MY FRIEND, THE LATE IDA DUMONT

Whenever I go through the newspapers and find a name with which I am familiar, I scan it and include it on the Hamilton Library Local History Collection digital database. With the hundreds of Sunday Times pages devoted to many hundred WWII veterans, you can see that it would be an impossible task to digitize each one. Accordingly, I scanned this graphic which has a photo of the husband of a very old friend of mine from my St. Anthony parish years, Ida Dumont. Ida was the wife of PFC Fred Dumont. She was one of our more active "movers and shakers" at St. Anthony when I was the president of the grammar school PTA, and also President of the St. Anthony Holy Name Society. If we had a fund raiser, Ida would probably have been the organizer. She had a natural gift for getting sponsors from the commercial organizations in the area. Additionally she was one of the many parishioners at St. Anthony I could call a true friend. She was missed when she passed away.

No comments: