Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

2009: CLARK PERRY-GOODBYE FOR NOW

I really get a morose and melancholy reaction when I read of the passing of still another classmate. Especially those who went through twelve years of school with me, from Miss Mary Kelley's Reception grade at Kuser School, through Hamilton High Class of 1951. Clark was one of the stalwarts as a tenor in our years with Louise Baird's vocal music class. I have been blessed with an incredible ability to remember persons, places, and things from my very earliest years. Countless memories of Clark and his twin brother Art will always be with me. Louise Baird used to mix a bit of philosophical wisdom in with our music repertoire. One of those philosophical gems applies to my old friend, Clark:
"Make the world a bit more beautiful because you have lived in it." Clark did. Rest in Peace my friend, we WILL meet again.

No comments: