Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

1990: YARDVILLE SCHOOL CELEBRATES NUMBER 50


MY "YARDVILLE SCHOOL" FOLDER IN THE HAMILTON LIBRARY'S LOCAL HISTORY COLLECTION HAS A SMALL COLLECTION OF PHOTOS SHOWING THE NEW "STATE OF THE ART" YARDVILLE SCHOOL. THERE'S A PHOTO OF THE CONSOLE WHICH HOUSED THE SCHOOL'S PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM, ALONG WITH VIEWS OF INTEREST THROUGHOUT THE NEW BUILDING ON YARDVILLE-ALLENTOWN ROAD.



My eagle eyed colleague, local historian Gordon Kontrath, caught me red handed in an error in placing the Yardville School on South Broad Street. I was the victim of a "senior moment," thinking in my mind that the school was in the vicinity of Gropp's Lake, and I have made the correction. Thanks Gordon; it's important that these little errors are pointed out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom, The state of the art Yardville School is on Yardville - Allentown Road. Gordon