Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

1914: LAKESIDE PARK: A BUNGALOW COMMUNITY

Many Trentonians found Lakeside Park to be the ideal summer getaway back in the early 20th century. These "bungalows" could be had for a price which today seems incredible. I wonder if there are any Lakeside Park visitors to my website who can identify this house.
THIS EMAIL RECEIVED FROM "LAKESIDE GIRL."
Hi Tom - I believe this house is the former home of the Vogt family on the corner of Lakeside Blvd and Dancer Drive (formerly 6th Ave)Lakeside Girl.
THANK YOU, "LAKESIDE GIRL;" YOUR INPUT IS APPRECIATED.

waltsgirl29 has left a new comment on your post
"1914: LAKESIDE PARK: A BUNGALOW COMMUNITY":

This home faces Birch Street and is at the corner where Tettemer crosses it. The house looks the same today. Lakeside will always be "home" for me, so I love the wonderful old photos, thank you. My grandfather built on Tettemer and raised his family there. My father built on Lincoln Ave and raised us there. I raised my girls on Dancer Drive, sold the house to my daughter and in Jan. she will have a son to raise there.

THANKS TO BOTH "LAKESIDE GIRL" AND "WALTSGIRL" FOR ENHANCING THIS POST. YOUR INPUT IS REALLY APPRECIATED. (TOM GLOVER)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom - I believe this house is the former home of the Vogt family on the corner of Lakeside Blvd and Dancer Drive (formerly 6th Ave)

Lakeside Girl

waltsgirl29 said...

This home faces Birch Street and is at the corner where Tettemer crosses it. The house looks the same today. Lakeside will always be "home" for me, so I love the wonderful old photos, thank you. My grandfather built on Tettemer and raised his family there. My father built on Lincoln Ave and raised us there. I raised my girls on Dancer Drive, sold the house to my daughter and in Jan. she will have a son to raise there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom - Waltsgirl29 said this photo is of the house on Birch & Tettemer Ave. in Lakeside. If you look at the two homes, you will notice several stunning differences. The one at Birch & Tettemer is the home Cecil Kilby Sr. It has a definite second floor with sleeping porch/dormer. The Lakeside Blvd house does not. The Tettemer home is a much larger building, also. Lakeside Girl