Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

1922: "LAKESIDE" IN 1922

Amateur photographer Warren Donaldson took this photo of Gropp's Lake as it looked in 1922. With the very limited number of photos in my collection, I have to admit that I have a really rough time identifying the building in the background. That mysterious building in the upper right is a real puzzle. I do have a very old and very faded photo of the building once on the site when it was Lowrie's Mills, but I can't seem to tie it in with the building above. Perhaps local residtents of the area such as Gary Lippincott or Harold Yaede can enlighten us.
==================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom - Just a thought - could the two Hutchinson Pond folders be combined into one in your wonderful listing?
Lakeside Girl