Search This Blog

Sunday, July 09, 2017

1951: THANK YOU HAMILTON TOWNSHIP FOR A COMPLETE EDUCATION!

On August 10th 2017, my Hamilton High School classmates from the class of 1951 will celebrate our 66th class reunion with a luncheon from noon to 4 PM at Hamilton's beautiful Stone Terrace (former Italian American Sportsmen Club). Even though 66 years is a very long time ago, the influence Louise Baird had on me as a man shines even brighter in my life as I recall the wisdom which she passed on to those of us who were gifted with residency in her Hamilton High room 300 music courses, Beethoven? Brahms, Sousa? Hammerstein? Berlin? Kahlil Gibran? Shakespeare? Keats? Macaulay, Burke? Yup! They are all firmly imprinted in the impenetrable makeup of the man I have tried to become.

No comments: