Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

HHS 1951: BILL BAGGOTT-: HE COULD HAVE BEEN A STAR AT THE METROPOLITAN OPERA

My memories of my years as a member of Louise Baird's Hamilton High School choir are alive and vivid and will be with me forever. It was such a privilege to have been a member all four years of my high school career. Certain members stood out. Bette Beiger (Farmer) was one of our lovely female leads in our operettas, as was Shirley Whitebread and the young man in the article I wrote a number of years ago, Bill Baggott. Bill had the tenor voice of an angel. Anyone who watched or watches Lawrence Welk is familiar with Joe Feeney. To me, he has a very harsh tenor voice. I remember Louise Baird commenting one night when Judy and I were at her apartment when she made the comment that BIll's voice was far superior to Feeney's; especially Bill's falsetto.

No comments: