Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

1940: THE NEW LINCOLN HOMES - IN THE VERY BEGINNING

I have a number of the old "TRENTON" magazines in my collection and it is a bittersweet journey back to the years when Trenton was a thriving community with factories, retail stores and neighborhood development. The article above was  enhanced and tweaked via Photo  Shop graphic software. It is an interesting look at the new Lincoln Homes that were just completed. Note especially the lower part of the first column: "Lincoln Homes, designed for negro residents...." A good in your face example of what was known as segregated housing back before the middle of the 20th century. Today, I have "negro" (I hate that word) neighbors all around me here in the Bromley section and we get along beautifully; our colors don't rub off.

No comments: