Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

1945: YARDVILLE DISPLAYS THEIR WWII VETERANS

Well fellow viewers, after all these years, there has finally been someone who preserved the heritage of those men and women who served our country during World War II. Very sincere thanks to Ms. Veronica Meszaros for sending me a high definition (600 DPI!) scan of just one (and so far only) LEGIBLE and clear photos of the many WWII boards that were posted in various neighborhoods after WWII. My thanks go to Ms.Meszaros and as a "thank you" I have researched the Meszaros WWII records and look what we find:
4 Meszaros brothers from the Greatest Generation. As followers of this website and those who follow my "Sentimental Journey" column in the Times of Trenton are aware, WWII is one of the subjects that is dear to my heart and a high priority in my local history research. Veronica, you have added a gem to that research!

No comments: