Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

1983: WE CALLED IT "CRUISING."


THIRTY YEARS! Yes, it's been 30 years since I penned this two parter recalling one of the most looked forward teen age events, Cruising the Trenton area on a Thursday night when all the downtown Trenton stores are open for business, and when Trenton was light years different from the Trenton of today. The streets were teeming with downtown shoppers, and it was just plain harmless fun for those of us newly licensed drivers to cruise around town and ogle the lovely ladies who were exiting their respective stores and offices as the 9 o'clock closing hour approached. C'mon back with me to 1952; you're gonna go cruisin' with me and my best buddy, Don Slabicki. 

1 comment:

Ron Bound Sr said...

What nice memories. For me it was 1956. I would set double lanes at Heils' so I could finish at 9, instead of 11, and could go cruisin, and like you, to Vic Rice's.