Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

1914: 99 YEAR OLD CHAMBERSBURG NEWS

Based on numerous comments I have received over the years relating to these full page scans, I have found that many visitors love to go through these interesting pages from many years ago; in this case 99 years ago. Over the years, I have been digitizing notable news clippings and including them in the Hamilton Library Local History database. A full page graphic such as that above is borderline as to legibility. At 80 years of age, my eyes aren't what they used to be. I can read the text in the above article with my 19 inch monitor. Those with larger monitors will see a much more legible graphic.  However, I am secure in the knowledge that as time evolves, still larger monitors will offor comfortable reading. Even Google has a size limit, but manages to allow a reader to read the print on a huge full page graphic; a feat that would be impossible with Facebook where a graphic of this size would be illegible.

No comments: