Search This Blog

Friday, May 03, 2013

SCRAPBOOK:: THE LOVELY TOWN OF PENNINGTON

Did you know that the year 2013 is the quartoseptcentennial anniversary of Mercer County? Confused? So was I. in a nutshell, we are celebrating the 175th anniversary of Mercer County in this year of 2013. I have been asked to participate in the celebration by offering my research material on this wonderful New Jersey county, which I find I can best accomplish by continuing the posting of the countless Mercer County area historic bits and pieces among the 7,600 plus pages of www.glover320.blogspot.com 

The incredibly interesting 1875 map of Pennington will undoubtedly find many of those visitors from the Pennington area perusing this map and locating who was located where back in that lovely bucolic town as it was 138 years ago. 

I will also be adding more "Penningtoniana" to this particular post so that we can easily retrieve any graphics which might be of interest to the visiting public.

THE ABOVE GRAPHIC AND THOSE THAT FOLLOW ARE FROM 
THE HAMILTON LIBRARY'S "HOPEWELL-PENNINGTON" FOLDER






FRAN GOEKE sent this to me via email due to the confusing and difficult Guest Book acquisition system on my blog. Fran wrote:

Thanks for the posts about Hopewell & Pennington. St Alphonsus looks the same today as then. A quaint small town church. All of the posts are very interesting to read and the map of Pennington is one of the few that show both railroads crossing Pennington. These are the two railroads that created the "Great Frog War" in Hopewell.
Thanks again Tom.
Noel

No comments: