Search This Blog

Monday, October 01, 2012

1954: WESTERN ELECTRIC AND BELL THELPHONE: PERFECT TOGETHER!

Those of us who remember those now beautiful olive drab New Jersey Bell Telephone trucks coming to our house on the same day we had a problem will relate to the above delightful ad from 1954, showing a technician repairing pay phones and phones found in a phone booth.......all of which qualify as "things that aren't there any more." We lost a winning team of Bell employees with the arrival of the digital age. The operators were courteous and knowledgeable, and the service people also prompt, courteous, and efficient. Yeah, old fuddy duddy that I am, I will only give up my wall phones when they are pried from my cold, dead hands as my hero Charlton Heston said. My cell phone is in my car and I only use it for an auto-related emergency.

No comments: