Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2012

1933: WHEN QUALITY WAS KING

Were I a billionaire, I would like to form the "VINTAGE MOTOR COMPANY." I would have the money to re-tool existing antique auto body parts and using contemporary materials, create a 2012 Chevrolet. No fiberglass bumpers on this beauty. It would use the same material as found on the duplicated original but brakes, tires and other non cosmetic features would be replaced with modern technology. The interior would be the same, but there would be 21st century updates like air conditioning, AM FM satellite radio, heated seats, etc. My first vintage auto would be a 1930's Pierce Arrow. Dream on, Glover!.

4 comments:

RALPH LUCARELLA said...

HI TOM....I HAD THE PLEASURE OF DRIVING A PACKARD AT TIMES, DURING THE PERIOD I WORKED WITH MY FATHER IN THE EARLY 40'S. IT WAS CONSIDERED ONE OF THE BETTER CARS OF THE DAY AND THE OWNER LET US USE IT ON OCCASSIONS. WHAT A DIFFERENCE FROM THE FIRST CAR WE BOUGHT FOR $25 WITH THE MONEY WON AT A BINGO GAME. THE CAR HAD NO TIRES AND AND MY FRIEND FRED AND I OVERHAULED THE ENGINE. THOSE MEMORIES LINGER ON IN THESE DAYS OF HIGH OPTIONS. BEST REGARDS.

Anonymous said...

"Wouldn't it be Gloverly?"




Warren

Tony S said...

My first car, a 1958 Chevrolet Impala was purchased at Bonderchuk Chevrolet. Though later than this ad depicts, it was a wonderful car which, if I could conjure up a Genie, I would ask for this car back.

Tom Glover said...

THEY SURE DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THEY USED TO.

TOM GLOVER