Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

2012: GOODBYE TO A DEAR FRIEND

I was sorry to learn of the passing of my friend and fellow alumnus from Hamilton High, Jack Lacy. Were it not for Jack and his partner, former Mayor Jack Rafferty, there would be no Hamilton Township Public Library Local History Collection, Lacy found a spot for me at the Hamilton Library and the rest is history. Local History was not a priority with the Director at the time, and it took incoming Director George Conwell to bring the project to fruition with a dedicated room for local history, a tabloid scanner, a tabloid printer, and a state of the art computer. It all began back in 1992 when I received a call from Jack Lacy. He said, "You start at the library on Monday, Tom." Jack Lacy answered my prayer and he will always be in mine. May God welcome you into his Heavenly Kingdom, Jack. You will be missed.

No comments: