Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

1903 AND 1920'S; TRENTON'S LEGENDARY TRENTTHEATRE

As I page through the thousands of pages on this site, I am more and more firmly satisfied that the extra time spent re-formatting, lightening , re-setting the focus, intertwining related graphics and other Photo Shop graphic modifications has ended up giving me the satisfaction that present and future generations who visit this website will be happy to download and save them in their own personal computer files. The above graphic is an example of "intertwining related graphics." There is the exquisite photo on the right of the RKO Trent (then known as "Reade's Trent"), along with the equally exquisite engraving of the U.S. hotel building as it looked during the transition to a motion picture theater and vaudeville palace. This is what local history and this website is all about.

4 comments:

Omad said...

Tom, was the Trent down from the Lincoln?

Wgroovey said...

Tom - Your site is an invaluable resource for preserving and making widely available documents, images and information about our past. The high quality of the photos never ceases to amaze me. I know that your enhancements and technical skills often help. Thanks for all of the time and effort you put into this site. Blake Bolinger

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

Tom, what a wonderful picture on the right side. Wish I had had a copy of that! I wrote a post about the Trent Theatre for one of my blogs back in January along with photp postcard and newspaper article talking about it opening in "a blaze of glory" in December of 1903. http://forgottenfacesandlongagoplaces.blogspot.com/2012/01/sepia-saturday-110-trent-theatre.html

I do so enjoy reading your blog site!
Teresa Wilson Rogers

RALPH LUCARELLA said...

HI TOM....I RECALL THE BOWLING LANES DOWN STAIRS AT THE TRENT THEATRE. THEY WERE RUN BY FRED LENING IN THE 40'S WHO WAS ONE OF THE BETTER BOWLERS IN THE CITY, ONCE A WEEK WE GOT TOGETHER WITH TOM LAYDEN, DICK AND LEO GRAY AND MY BROTHER LOU AND I TO BOWL AND LATER PITCH DARTS. THEY WERE HAPPY DAYS WITH TOM COACHING RIDER COLLEGE AND DICK GRAY ACTIVE IN TEACHING AT RIDER. BEST REGARDS.