Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

HAMILTON HIGH SCHOOL 75TH ANNIVERSARY

TO READ THE ABOVE ARTICLE RIGHT CLICK ON THE IMAGE, CLICK ON OPEN LINK IN A NEW WINDOW, CLICK ON THE MAGNIFYING GLASS.

It was a gigantic affair and an equally gigantic success. The old alma mater looks the same as long as you stay within the confines of the main building. Moving over to the vast addition they made to the school gives a completely different oersoectuve when compared to the old "bare bones" school that those of us in the older generation remember. I took a nostalgic trip up the stairs to room 300, where my favorite teacher held forth.
What a nostalgic stair climb that was! Memories of the many hours I and my classmates spent in that room making beautiful music came flooding back to me "On Wings of Song," as in that beautiful Mendelssohn melody. The Hamilton High "fight song" is listed incorrectly as our alma mater.

No comments: