Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

1983: MARGARET GAYDOS: ANOTHER OF MY 3 FAVORITE TEACHERS

REMEMBER: TO ENLARGE GRAPHICS, PUT YOUR CURSON ON THE GRAPHIC, RIGHT CLICK, AND CHOOSE "OPEN LINK IN A NEW WINDOW."

This morning, I received a guest book message from a fellow Hamilton High alumnus
M. Herrity this morning. We sure have a lot in common. In today's "SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY" column in the Trenton Times, I recall Miss Louise Baird, one of the 3 teachers who had a life-long influence on me. The others are Miss Ruth Margerum, 3rd grade at Kuser School, and Miss Margaret Gaydos, who introduced me to Shakespeare, Longfellow, Tennyson, Whittier, and Kilmer, and many other things cultural. It seems that Mr. or Mrs. Herrity and I have a lot in common when reference is made to the late Margaret Gaydos. She was one in a million in her laid back and relaxed method of teaching. Above are two of the many columns I wrote as I retold my experiences of being a student at Kuser Grammar School. The two columns above relate to my final grammar school year way back in 1947. After a bit of investigation, I learned that Margaret had retired to San Diego and sent her a letter referring to the Kuser School Diary that I had been writing at the time. The graphic above is a response to that letter. My Christian faith leads me to believe that these people who had such an important part of my life will somehow be a part of the eternal life we are promised. Who knows? That promised meeting could possibly be in one of the rooms in one of those many mansions?
John 14:2:
"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you." What a comforting thought!


.

No comments: