Search This Blog

Thursday, March 08, 2012

1951: PROSPECT STREET AT DALE

This is a very familiar photo. Back in March, 1952 when I began my dead end job at the Trenton Bearing Company on North Olden Avenue, I traveled this road almost daily on my way to make deliveries to local industries. Just up the street is the old N.J. Motor Vehicle inspection station, and also the city of Trenton Reservoir.

My buddy's family owned the New Method Cleaners in that block, the new method for leather was such a success, the whole family retired in essence, it went world wide.

One of my favorite stops was also in that block, Mercer Bag & Burlap where you could buy huge balls of stout twine that never broke and were great for tying the garbage or recycling.

Ed Millerick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My buddy's family owned the New Method Cleaners in that block, the new method for leather was such a success, the whole family retired in essence, it went world wide.

One of my favorite stops was also in that block, Mercer Bag & Burlap where you could buy huge balls of stout twine that never broke and were great for tying the garbage or recycling.

Ed Millerick