Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

1937: WEST STATE AND WILLOW STREETS

This Duke/R.C. Maxwell photo is a bit off as to focus, but with a bit of "Photoshopping" I was able to restore a little more clarity. On the right is the "Kelsey Building" as we knew it. As I recall, directly across the street on the opposite corner was either Rifkin and Grannik. If I am in error with that memory, please correct me. Trenton's two legendary hotels, the Stacy Trenton and Hildebrecht are prominent also. A truly beautiful photo of the Trenton that was!

The focus is good enough for me to close my eyes and see the large scale models or cruise ships like the QE1 that graced the front and side, basement level windows of a travel service; they were catty-corner to the Kelsey Building.

Ed Millerick

Tuesday, March 06, 2012


Ahh yes, Ed. Memories are indeed made of this!

Tom Glover


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The focus is good enough for me to close my eyes and see the large scale models or cruise ships like the QE1 that graced the front and side, basement level windows of a travel service; they were catty-corner to the Kelsey Building.

Ed Millerick

RALPHH LUCARELLA said...

ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE STACY TRENT WAS THE COMMUJNITY COLLEGE ALONG WITH AAA AND ALONG THE STREET WERE A MILLION DOCTORS WHO GOT DRUG SAMPLES GALORE ALONG WITH OUR BOSS POSTMASTER DR. JENNINGS, REGARDS.