Search This Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2012

2012: TOM GLOVER'S "MUSIC FOR LOVERS ONLY"

Align Center
TONIGHT WE SING "THE MUSIC WE GREW UP WITH"
This is the second in a series of presentations I will be presenting at the Hamilton Township Public Library. The Chambersburg on screen presentation was a huge success with over 110 visitors. This special Valentines Day program will be presented in rooms 3 and 4 so that our singing doesn't interfere with other groups holding meetings in rooms 1 and 2. I hope to see many of my local Trenton Times readers and visitors to this website there. We will be singing those great old love ballads as sung by Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Patti Page, Joni James and other popular songs from an ere when music had a dreamy influence with lovely melodies and understandable lyrics.

Anonymous RALPH LUCARELLA said...

HI TOM....CONGRATULATIONS ON THE FINE TURN OUT FOR YOUR CHAMBERSBURG AFFAIR. ON YOUR PROGRAM OF SINGERS COMING UP, MAY I SUGGEST YOU PLAY A FEW NUMBERS BY JERRY VALE. HE WAS A VERY UNDER RATED SINGER WHO WAS PRAISED MANY TIMES BY FRANK SINATRA AND MANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE. HIS ALBUM OF ITALIAN NUMBERS WAS THE BEST I EVER HEARD. BEST REGARDS.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I AGREE, RALPH. I AM WORKING ON MY MUSIC AND WILL BE SURE TO INCLUDE JERRY VALE. ANOTHER VERY UNDER-RATED VOCALIST IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES: AL MARTINO. HIS "MARY IN THE MORNING" IS DELIGHTFUL.
TOM GLOVER

HHS '51 Classmate Lee Belardino said...

Tommy sorry that I can't make your Feb 9th show. It sounds like a great time. I agree with your Al Martino's Mary in the morning". Got it on my I Pod. Another underrated singers were Guy Mitchell and Andy Williams. Throw in Vic Damone. By the way did you hear the so called rendition of the National Anthem in the super bowl. I changed channels right after the first few notes. Oughta be a law against that sound.Lee

Monday, February 06, 2012

Hi Lee:

How right you are! "Mary in the morning" is one of my favorite Martino songs. Vic Damone was one of my favorite crooners. I'm not Italian, but I love his Italian language songs. As to the slaughter of our National Anthem, I just don't understand how anyone who isn't tone deaf can appreciate that screeching Thank God for the MUTE button.

Tom

No comments: