Search This Blog

Monday, February 06, 2012

2012: A PROBLEM WITH GOOGLE'S BLOG HOSTING



A patron called the library today (February 6) and asked the reference librarian about the problem below. Here is a duplicate of the post that I entered a few days ago.

2012: HAS GOOGLE CHANGED THIS BLOG FOREVER? STAY TUNED!

No one said life is fair! Google is a huge organization. In their latest update, I, and COUNTLESS other Google websites have encountered a problem that Google is supposedly working on. The black "!" graphic seen immediately abovehas replaced COUNTLESS photos and articles which I have posted since 2005. Mine is just a SMALL portion of the number of Google Blogspot users who have been victimized by this problem. As you go through this blog, you will see HUNDREDS of posts that have the above graphic replacing the original graphic I posted. I presume that his means that the graphic has been deleted. This happened yesterday. A recent "Update" by Google which, along with Google "Picasa" has left me, and COUNTLESS subscribers with many posts with missing graphics. Thankfully, there are still many graphics which are un-involved.
Google says they are aware of the problem and are working on it.
The sheer number of posts that are gone is mind boggling. There is a TEMPORARY work around for visitors to my site. If you find a page with a graphic you wanted to download but has the black "!" in place of the graphic, send me an email (tglover320@optimum.net) with the "TITLE" EXACTLY as it appears on the page that has the graphic you want. I will go to that page and re-post the graphic from my computer which will restore and replace the black "!" icon. You can download it and that particular page will be restored. This is all I can do until Google rectifies the problem. (If they do!)

No comments: