Search This Blog

Saturday, May 07, 2011

2011: MUSIC FOR MATURE MUSIC LOVERS COMING TO KUSER PARK IN JUNE AND JULY!

I have been busy over the past few days working on my summer Kuser Farm Park Gazebo music program which will be presented alternately from 3 to 5 and 6 to 9 P.M. on Sunday afternoons in June and July. The post following this give the details. Based on the fact that most vocalists decide to re-write the melody on our National Anthem, I assume that I am one of the very few who really take issue with the way that beautiful anthem is slaughtered. I thanked the Good Lord that I had a "MUTE" button on my remote when Christina Aguilara slaughtered that beautiful anthem with her unnecessary trills and off key screeches at this year's Super Bowl in front of thousands of visitors. Adding to the agony, I understand she fouled up the lyrics as well. Thankfully my remote was on mute as soon as I realized that she was one of the all-too-many who don't like the melody of the genuine article. This has been going on for ages. I remember when Rosanne Barr defamed the song both physically and melodically when she sang it a number of years ago. Did you ever hear the very talented Ray Charles, with his wonderful singing voice, sing "America the Beautiful?" What happened to the melody and the lyrics?

No comments: