Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

2011: RAY SYPNIEWSKI: HAMILTON'S FIRST KOREAN WAR CASUALTY

It is surprising that the town fathers haven't given some type of memorial to Raymond Sypniewski, our very first Mercer County Korean War hero and Hamilton Township resident who gave his all in the earliest years of the Korean conflict. I wrote an article recalling my growing up years with the Sypniewski family. Ray's sister, the lovely Elaine Sypniewski, my buddy Karl who was in Hamilton High's class of 1952, their older brother Matthew and still older brother Harry. Years ago I wrote and article in the Mercer Messenger, recalling the character of Robert Raymond Sypniewski; a dear friend who gave his all for his country. You will be in my prayers this Memorial Day weekend, Ray, along with all the other heroes who are serving, and who are, and have served our country.

No comments: