Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

1911: GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC GATHERS IN TRENTON

This year of 2011 marks the 150th anniversary of the "war between the states," better known as the Civil War. The above article, extracted from an old brown with age copy of the "Trenton True American" tells of the GAR (Grand Army of the Republic) convention which met here in the Trenton area 100 years ago this week! I will be posting additional articles relating to the GAR and the Civil War as the 150th year celebration resumes.
Blogger John E. B Good said...

We corresponded before regarding the HHS West Class of 1960 50th Reunion last year and regarding my family (Episcopo) who had an ice cream concession at White City. One of my father's relatives was Aaron Wilkes for which the GAR was named. Last year I found the monument for him in Riverside Cemetery. John G. Wilkes, Miami
Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1 comment:

John E. B Good said...

We corresponded before regarding the HHWest Class of 1960 50th Reunion last year and regarding my family (Episcopo) who had an ice cream concession at White City.

One of my father's relatives was Aaron Wilkes for which the GAR was named. Last year I found the monument for him in Riverside Cemetary.

John G. Wilkes, Miami