Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

2011: TRENTON HISTORICAL SOCIETY 2011 CALENDAR: MAGNIFICO!

It's one of the most pleasant $15 investments I (or you) will ever make! I received the 2011 calendar from the Trenton Historical Society via PayPal yesterday. It is an incredible collection of the most beautiful and interesting views of downtown Trenton that you can imagine. I was especially interested in the views of the downtown Trenton of my youth. Strange, but the last time I set foot in that Trenton was when I was on furlough from the Army back in 1956. I remember parking in the "Maiden Lane" parking lot on Hanover Street and visiting my dear wife Judy in the Infants' Wear department of that wonderful old Trenton landmark. Many of the visitors to this blog will be very interested in acquiring a copy of this wonderful keepsake.
Details are in the graphic above.

Credit for this beautiful folio of Trenton photos goes to:
The Trentoniana Collection at the Trenton Public Library
Ms. Carolyn Stetson for the front cover
Mr. Karl Flesch for Design/Photography
Mr. Damon Tvaryanas written text
Calendar Committee: Mr. Karl Flesch, Ms. Sally Lane, Ms. Wendy Nardi, and Mr. Gary Nigh

WELL DONE!
Anonymous Sally Logan Gilman said...
Hi Tom: Thanks to you, I just ordered my calendar. I was going to do it months ago, but you just sold me. Hooray. I have an orginal etching by George Bradshaw who was my mother's art teacher. She passed it along to me and it's displayed on our wall here in NH. Best wishes and again, thanks Tom.
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 Blogger   Aprilicity said...
Thanks for the reminder Tom! I too meant to order this a while ago.
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 Hi Tom: Got my calendar yesterday and I just hung it up in the messy room I call "my office.'' I love it. It brings back so many wonderful memories, esp. State and Broad where I would take the bus home from THS and Rider. I loved seeing those shots from  the '50s. Thanks for the reminder about this great collection of wonderful photographs. We are buried in the white stuff up here and we're running out of places to put it. Stay well, Tom. "West End Sal.''

3 comments:

Sally Logan Gilman said...

Hi Tom: Thanks to you, I just ordered my calendar. I was going to do it months ago, but you just sold me. Hooray. I have an orginal etching by George Bradshaw who was my mother's art teacher. She passed it along to me and it's displayed on our wall here in NH. Best wishes and again, thanks Tom.

Aprilicity said...

Thanks for the reminder Tom! I too meant to order this a while ago.

Mike Kuzma said...

Tom:

Apparently I missed this great piece, how? Old age I guess.
I clicked on the State St. Scene, and read the details. The only comment other than it is great, is; under places to purchase the calendar; "601 Hamilton Ave. Capital Health, Fuld Gift Shop"
Isn't 601 Hamilton the address of St. Francis Hospital. It was when I left NJ 9 years ago.

Regards

Mike