Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

1948 AND 2011: GLOBAL WARMING.....HMMMM!

As I reach the portals of senior citizenship, I still love the snow, but unlike my younger years, I no longer go
"belly flopping" on my steel runner sled. (Note: I could never afford that "Flexible Flyer.") I have closely watched today's kids, and they are all outfitted with that newfangled molded plastic where they sit on their sled and slide down the hill. Belly flopping is much more exciting and far more fun...a  running gallop, an airborne leap in the air with our trusty sled, our bodies following close behind. We land on the sled while in motion, the sled's steel runners skimming through the snow at breakneck speed, and we are on an exhilarating and very speedy ride to the bottom of the hill.

1 comment:

Ralph Lucarella said...

HI TOM, HAPPY NEW YEAR. I RECALL SLEDDING ON THE BACK OF CARS IN THE BURG DURING MY YOUNGER YEARS WHEN WE DID'NT KNOW MUCH BETTER. THE CARS WOULD GO VERY SLOW AND WE WOULD HAVE FUN. I GUESS WE WERE LUCKY NO ONE EVER GOT HURT BUT IT WAS BETTER THAN RUNNING AND FLOPING DOWN THE STREET. THE FLYER WAS THE BEST SLED AROUND.