Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday, June 14, 2007 from "Josh:"

Josh B said...
Greetings sir, Just to corroborate with the 1940 Ad you've displayed. I'm looking at the September 1941 issue of the Jewish War Veterans Poster (Trenton Post 156) and in a listing it refers to the "Giant Tiger -- North Olden Avenue". Have a nice day!

This is a reply to "Josh," who was kind enough to comment on that old North Olden-St.Joe's Avenue location of the Giant Tiger. Note that the article locates it as "St. Joe's Avenue NEAR No. Olden Avenue."

Tom 


1943: GIANT TIGER - YES, ST. JOE'S AVENUE!



Hopefully this article will put to rest those folks who told me my recent Trenton Times "Sentimental Journey" column was in error when I wrote about the Giant Tiger Supermarket that was once located on St. Joe's Avenue. Each and every one of those who said I erred in my column didn't know that this Giant Tiger preceeded the one on Calhoun Street which came a decade of two later.
Anonymous Tony Luciano said...
Did they ever crack this case? These two fellas who worked at the store sound like they mighta been up to no good and involved here
Friday, October 15, 2010

3 comments:

Tony Luciano said...

Did they ever crack this case? These two fellas who worked at the store sound like they mighta been up to no good and involved here

Michael said...

Is this the same Ianni who shortly after this "incident" open and ran a very successful store on No. Olden Ave. near Brunswick. Had a brother Morris I think.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


Jerseymikesr

Tom Glover said...

I WONDERED THE SAME THING, MIKE. I FREQUENTLY STOPPED AT IANNI'S WHEN I WORKED AT THE BEARING COMPANY ON NORTH OLDEN AVENUE BACK IN THE 50'S. I BELIEVE HE MOVED TO ROUTE ONE NORTH NEAR THE 7TH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH AFTER THE NEIGHBORHOOD CHANGED.

TOM GLOVER