Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1934: RECORDING ON PAPER; WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?

I have been involved in media matters for many, many years. Way back in the mid 1940's, I recall  when our Hamilton High choir journeyed over to WTNJ on Bellevue Avenue and recorded "You'll Never Walk Alone" on a plastic phonograph disk. Then, in the late 1950's I bought a wire recorder from a Lambertville flea market dealer, along with little spools of 35 millimeter film which were all a part of a Nash automobile sales campaign. Then with the advent of the successors to the paper tape recorder above, I began a quest to find a tape recorder for my extensive collection of old radio programs like "The Lone Ranger," "Your Hit Parade," "The Paul Whiteman Show," and hundreds of other then- "hi-tech" electronic appliances. So here we are in the 21st century. I have numerous MP3 players with hundreds of hours of radio programs which are absolutely free for downloading. My old time radio collection sits in my basement, stack upon stack of now out-dated reel to reel tapes. MP 3 players can also record those old 33-1/3, 78, and 45 RPM records and convert them to MP3 "on the run." Time Marches On!

No comments: