Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

1915: THE ROBERT PEARSON HOUSE

Gone but not forgotten is the historic Robert Pearson House, not to be confused with the Isaac Pearson House over on Hamilton's Independence Avenue. The Robert Pearson House is no more. Using today's topography, it was located beyond the White Horse Circle between White Horse and Yardville, in the general area of the apartments on South Broad Street and in closer proximity to Crosswicks Creek and the area in which I believed "Asay Springs" was located. I have been searching for years for information of the Asay Springs-Bordentown Water Works connection. Hopefully, more info will evolve as I dig deeper and deeper into my newspaper collection. I have learned that the area from Riverview Cemetery down in South Trenton, and the marshes southeastward to Spring Lake and Bordentown were the site of numerous natural springs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. The photo is missing.


Was Robert Pearson's house near Pearson Cubberley's farm?

Anonymous said...

I drank from those springs when I was a kid 50's 60's
Good fishing huge pike and
Huge snapping turtles
What days they Were kids don't know what it was like
Back then no cell phones
A fishing pole is all I needed
Ernie V