Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

1983: JOHN LENHARDT, COLONIAL VFD LEGEND

A couple of weeks ago it was my privilege to be the guest speaker at the monthly meeting of the Ladies' Auxiliary of the Colonial Volunteer Fire Company. This was one of the few requests i have received that didn't call for my "MUSIC WE GREW U P WITH" presentation. Rather it was to recall the many memories which I have involving that legendary fire company. I feel a special kinship with the Colonial community. My best friend, the late Jesse Anderson, the late Cliff Willever, and other names associated with the organization come to mind; the Feehans, Lenhardt's, Costigans, Bades, Rocky Ranalli, and too many others come to mind. Were it not for my emotional inability to become a fireman, I would probably count myself as a member of that wonderful group of people who are continuing the character and heritage of one of Hamilton's proud list of volunteer firemen and their respective Ladies Auxiliaries.

No comments: