Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

1942: MY THANKS TO A HAPPY VISITOR

I had a visit from Charlie Smith, HHS '42 Reunion member this morning confirming my appearance at the class of 1942 reunion at Tessara's Restaurant in October 2010. This will be my 3rd year bringing "The Music We Grew Up With" to those fellow Hamilton Hornets from "The Greatest Generation." It is a distinct privilege to stir the hearts and souls of those wonderful Hamiltonians who gave us the America we live in these 65-plus years later.

One of the wonderful aspects of hosting this blog is receiving emails such as this from a fellow Hamilton Hornet who has discovered the wealth of history and nostalgia to be gleaned from the 4,200-plus pages. Following is the email I received and really appreciate.

(Note: Without permission, this fellow Hornet's identity is withheld)
I found your site a while back and have spent many hours going through it. My dad was a l942 graduate and I am a 1964 graduate so this has been a real joy for me. Not only do I get to look at HHS-W history, I get to see some of the people I have heard my dad talk about for years. I am sure there is no way to thank you for what you do and I can certainly appreciate your effort as just trying to do a family history is an enormous challenge and you have created a history for thousands of people. Please be assured it is greatly appreciated and I have sent the site to everyone I can think of so that they to can enjoy and share with you. "ever will loyal be" thanks.

No comments: