Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

1928: The Chambersburg Red Sox

Ralph Lucarella, I said it before and I'm saying it again. You are a well spring of memories. Folks have also complimented me on my memory, but you are every bit as lucid with yours. You mentioned the Chambersburg Red Sox and I immediately became fascinated that there was such a team. A bit of research in the 20's and lo and behold, another Lucarella who was their catcher. Thanks for that little bit of local sports and Chambersburg history, Ralph; as I said many times, you are the best!

2 comments:

Ralph Lucarella said...

Hi Tom: Well I'm glad you found an article about the Chambersburg Red Sox. I was quite young during that time but I recall how well the people of the Burg supported the team. My older brother Lou was the catcher and batted cleanup. They played mostly at Stacy Park but traveled throughout the area playing independent teams. I want to thank you a lot for bringing back the wonderful days gone by. Regards.

Ralph Lucarella said...

I would like to add, the team had beautiful stripped uniforms that looked like big-leaguers.