Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

2010: HHS 1960 50TH REUNION

I received a guest book entry on my blog from Eleanor Goldy Guear requesting that I post information on the 50th reunion of Hamilton High's class of 1960. I am always happy to accommodate my fellow Hornets. The little vignettes I posted show mini pics of Eleanor Guear, lower left Ann Peters, lower center Cathy Csorgo, and to the far right, a photo of Mary Ann Belardino, sister of my HHS singing partner, Lee Belardino. Ann Peters grew up on the Hartley Avenue hill, and is the sister of my brother Bud's best friend, Bill "Beb" Peters, Cathy is a loyal visitor to my blogs and has added an incredible collection of amateur radio memorabilia from her dad Steve Csorgo's years as a local amateur radio operator. Small world!

FROM DON NUGENT MARCH 2; SORRY I COULDN'T SEND THIS TO ELEANOR AS YOU REQUESTED DON, I SEEM TO HAVE LOST ELEANOR'S EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN VERIZON NUKED MY COMPLETE EMAIL CONTACT DIRECTORY. TRUSTING THAT SHE OR A CLASSMATE WILL PICK UP THIS MESSAGE:

Tom,
I see where I am "missing". Please send my email address to Eleanor Guear: dnugent2@gmail.com.Thanks Tom. Still enjoying your blog.

Don Nugent


THIS FROM ELEANOR GUEAR:
Tom - Thanks so much for the Reunion announcement! I DID NOT know that you would include pictures! I'll keep you posted on our plans
Eleanor


ALSO FROM ELEANOR TODAY, FEBRUARY 27, A COMMENT ON A TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR WHEREIN I LISTED THE 60TH REUNION INSTEAD OF THE 50TH. CORRECTION HAS BEEN MADE. ALSO ELEANOR SAYS THAT DONALD NUGENT IS AMONG THE MISSING. DON, SEND ME AN EMAIL OR ADD A COMMENT HERE SO CLASSMATES CAN CONTACT YOU.
===================
John Wilkes wrote:
Thanks for the great blog. My wife, Pat, and buddy, college roommate, and still friend, Bob Chianese have commented, so I could not pass up the opportunity. Lalor School grad, lived on Reed Ave., family home for 70+ years. The best of times for us all in Hamilton and Trenton! My blog: www.homesteadishome.org south of Miami at gateway to the Keys.

Thank you, John. I will visit www.homesteadishome.org. I hope you return to www.glover320 often.

===========================

This From Pat Wilkes:


Pat wrote:

As a former Trentonian, it was fun checking out this website and blogs. It really brought back many happy memories especially now since we're preparing for our 50th Hamilton High School West reunion. My high school days were the best of my life.
(Thanks, Pat; my school years were also a very important part of my life.)


===================

This from Bob Chianese:

Tom:


I just hooked up with your blog from a member of our 50th reunion committee-we're meeting in Hamilton this June.
I used to have call WA2AXE and remember the Trenton Sunday morning gang on 75 meters: my ham mentors were Gat, Zol, and Steve QJO. I had a Cal call sign many years (WA6LCC) until I forgot to renew my license at the 10 year renewal! I'm studying for a new General but it's hard.
I'm a retired university English prof. and look forward to our HHS reunion this summer. My wife is from Trenton High, also class of 1960.
73, Bob

(Many thanks for visiting Glover320, Bob. I hope you return often)






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom - Could you change the number in your blog to 50th not 60th Reunion - don't make us any older than we are! I love the comments from two former classmates. Great job! Also, I need to find Donald Nugent who replies often to your blog. We've lost him. Could he please answer through your site? Thanks - Eleanor

Anonymous said...

Tom - Thank you for being instumental in making a contact with Ann Peters! Her brother told her about the announcement on your site and she contacted me! We've been lokking for her for years! Go Hornets!
Eleanor

Anonymous said...

Tom - Thanks again! I will contact Donald Nugent today.
Eleanor