Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

2009: GADSBY'S ESSO, SO. BROAD ST. & PARK AVE


Many thanks to Mr. Len Gadsby for this neat photo of the Gadsby Esso Station in Hamilton. I always liked to see that familiar "ESSO" sign when I was a younger man. Then, they got rid of that beautiful ESSO sign, and as I recall became the un-wieldly identity known as "Humble." Tommy Gadsby was a classmate of mine in the long ago, and there were other Gadsbys who went to school with my brothers. Thanks for this great bit of memorabilia glimpse of a simple and less complicated time, Len, when attendants wiped our windshields, checked our oil and water, and all with a smile! Where did we go wrong?

1 comment:

Mack said...

Hi Tom:)
I remember a nice man at the
Exxon at Broad&Park (was that where
this place was?)..in the 80s and 90s after you got gas he would always
say "See you in Church!"

I also remember Wood Veteranary
Hospital across the street:)