Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

A NOTE FROM TOM

Emails such as those below are what makes all the work on building a digital local history repository here in the Local History Collection of the Hamilton Township Public Library so encouraging. It is, and has been my goal to bring together history and nostalgia relating to Hamilton and Trenton and other Mercer County areas, to young and old alike. Below are only a few of the hundreds of emails and guest book messages I have received since the establishment of this blog in mid-November, 2005. Many visitors have spread the word among family and friends all over the globe. There are many emails from retirees down in Florida who get those nearly spiritual, bittersweet nostalgia feelings as they re-visit their youth with the photos and articles of very familiar persons, places and things from the past. Sincere thanks to those visitors, now numbering 185,000+ and counting; I hope you all return often.
**********************************************************************
*******************************************************

Tom, I now live in an adult community at the shore and 8 out of 10 here are on line frequently. Anyone with an interest in Trenton/Hamilton is now reading (this blog) since I spread the word. My former classmates in the Trenton area are always talking about your items. When I am at my house in Fla I go on line and bring up articles for relatives and friends down there to check on. So, you see, you are well read and a source of information (for) the Golden Set in lots of places. Keep up the good work.

*************************

I enjoyed reading about Trenton-past. Am now living in Florida, but have many fond memories of growing up in Ewing and Hamilton. Graduated Hamilton High class of '57. Would like to hear from any of my classmates.

*********************
Love this site and your Times column--thank you for today's tribute to Hamilton Township teachers-I love every day of my 32 years at Reynolds and "East"

*********************
Tom Glover, you are amazing! I've been engrossed by local history for years and have been looking for little scraps and nuggets in local libraries, always amazed to find something new. I'd always been focusing on historical figures who passed through and did this or that and moved on - that's where I got my 'thrill' from, so to speak. But when I found your site, I was first of all floored by the sheer amount of great material - almost an overload for me compared to what I could access normally. And second of all, I've now been really turned on to the day-to-day minutiae of our area from days past; that has become fascinating to me. So, just wanted to say: Thanks very much for this!

No comments: