Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

1944: SGT. JACK POLITI


"There's no place like home for the holidays, and no matter how far away you roam. It's so nice to be happy in a million ways, for the holidays you can't beat home sweet home.."

Above is a photo of still another of our heroes from WWII. When this photo was taken before Christmas and after Thanksgiving, I would bet that Sgt. Puliti was doing his chores with memories of his family during the Thanksgiving-Christmas holidays of 1944.
As a soldier in Uncle Sam's regular army who spent 3 years away from the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, I know the very deep emotional longing for home our military men and women experience when the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas come around. Say a prayer of thanks and gratitude to our brave young men and women who are serving our country all over the world in this year of 2009; especially those in harm's way in middle east. I know I will.

THE FOLLOWING RECEIVED FROM JIM POLITI, JACK'S BROTHER: (AUGUST 4, 2010)
Tom: thanks for your work, always admire your wonderful energy, and active life.

Posted a comment under anonymous regarding my Brothers photo, cleaning the barrel of his machine gun in Italy WWll in 1944 . I was out of high school in 43, and in gunnery school at the time of the photo. I'm a bit confused in signing in for a comment to any article, so I signed as anonymous. Regards and keep it going. I do have the clipping from the Trenton Times paper, of this picture

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom: haven't been on in a while and was surprised to see my brother Jack's photoa . The Last name is "Puliti", a frequent mispelling .While he was performing over there, I was in Aerial Gunner school at Tyndall Airforce base, FLa. He earned the Air medal with two oak leaf clusters, in a storied history of Bomber flights over Eastern Europe,a forced landing in Yugoslavia, assisted by partisans there to return to duty.Jack is no longer with us.
Jim Puliti